OVEN RICE RECIPE
Two things need to be said before starting the recipe.
First is that Oven Rice is a very versatile recipe, you can use the ingredients you have at home, this is my Oven Rice, it’s just an idea. It is the simplest version.
Second is an excellent idea of reuse of food. If you’re there with leftover cooked rice , this is a good thing to do with them.
I do not like “stuffed” food that comes and goes to the table. I like more of fresh food, made in the day, but it is not always possible, right people? So I usually do some makeup and turn the sleeping food into new food just by taps. This is what happened to this rice, let’s see:
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 can of green corn
- 1 can of peas
- 1 can of tomato sauce (if you prefer to make a homemade, click here: Tomato Sauce )
- 1 box of cream of milk (200g)
- 1 cup (grated) grated cheese (grilled shrimp, parmesan, dish or curd [I used this one])
Method of preparation
Put the cooked rice on a serving platter. Add the peas, corn and half the tomato sauce and mix very well. In a bowl mix the rest of the tomato sauce with the cream. Cover the seasoned rice with this mixture and sprinkle the grated cheese. Bake in medium oven until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Serve it hot.
- It gives 8 servings.
- Great to accompany a roast beef or chicken.
- If you want to make Oven Rice richer or turn it into a single dish you can add: chopped cheese, chopped ham, shredded chicken, heart of palm, boiled and chopped carrot, calabrese, etc …
How to clean the oven.
When cleaning the stove do you clean the oven ? I confess that I always forget, and mine is not self cleaning and nothing technological, and recently guess who dropped oil in the oven ? Well, I made a mess and when it was time to clean it gave me a job and so far I still smell oil when I turn it on, which is why I went after some oven cleaning tips , to see if I can get rid of the smell and Leave it very clean, and as I know this does not happen only with me I decided to share these tips.
- Basic Cleaning: Turn on the oven quickly to warm up and turn off, as it warms a damp cloth or sponge to remove excess fat.
- Medium Cleaning: If the dirt is well glued put a saucer with ammonia inside the oven and leave for 24 hours, after that time the fat will be loose, just a damp cloth or sponge.
- Complete Cleaning: Heat the oven and prepare a solution of bicarbonate of sodium and water (2 tablespoons for each liter of water), apply this solution throughout the interior of the oven, leave to act with the oven on for one hour, turn off and When it is warm, wipe with a damp cloth to remove dirt.
Caution : Never scrape your oven with knives or other abrasives.
- Brightness: If you wish to brighten the grids, with the oven switched off, wipe with a damp cloth and let it evaporate completely before turning on the oven.
- Spilled something: Did you drop something during the cooking and is it smelling burned? Spread a little salt in the pan and after cold do the usual cleaning.
- Self-cleaning oven: Simply wipe a damp cloth in the interior until the cloth is clean.